KEF Reference Meta Series
Now with Metamaterial Absorption Technology
The Reference has continually set the benchmark for loudspeakers since its launch in 1973. The perfect reproduction of recorded sound is what The Reference has always stood for. Pioneering the use of digital technologies to achieve the highest audio accuracy, every pair of The Reference series can be matched within half a decibel to the laboratory-maintained reference standard. Exact pair matching delivers perfect stereo reproduction, so these revolutionary speakers won acclaim for the superior acoustic precision. Hence the method became the name: The Reference.
Since the first generation, The Reference has been continuously enhanced by new innovations and technological developments. In the latest evolution, The Reference incorporates our latest innovation: Metamaterial Absorption Technology1 (MAT™) and continues to be the supreme expression of KEF’s philosophy, where advanced engineering meets inspired design.
The Reference are loudspeakers for serious audiophiles who aspire to the perfect enjoyment of music and movies. Whether used in a traditional two-channel HiFi or a multi-channel home theatre, listeners will be able to experience the realistic, immersive sound with breath-taking dynamics, and levels of accuracy that reveal details never noticed before.
- Metamaterial Absorption Technology eliminates 99% of high-frequency distortion for pure, natural sound
- Bespoke 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT driver array for exceptional acoustic accuracy
- Enhanced crossover design fine-tuned the signal path for maximum clarity
- Optimised cabinet design for best acoustic performance
- Five models: Reference 1 Meta, Reference 3 Meta, Reference 5 Meta, Reference 2 Meta, Reference 4 Meta
- Available in 5 finishes
- With mounting inserts to secure on KEF S-RF1 Floor Stand (available as separate item)
- The Reference Series Grille set for each model is available as separate item